Outfitting a new boat...

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I ordered my new boat in February, and its supposed to be delivered in a few weeks.. While I've been waiting, I've been buying items to outfit it, since I threw in most of my existing stuff when I sold my old boat. Plus, I'm a little OCD and wanted all stuff that would match the new boat and be "worthy" of a brand new boat, as opposed to my old '72 starcraft. Anyway, I've been storing all this stuff in boxes in my office/computer room.

Well, I got a few more boxes today while I was at work, but the wife took the liberty of unpacking them. One of these boxes was my Lumitec Seablaze 3's (underwater LED's), and in that box was of course the invoice that was never meant for her eyes :facepalm:

So I come home (she is at work at this point), go up to my office, and see this:

boatstuff.jpg

I think she is trying to tell me enough stuff is enough? ;)

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Outfitting a new boat...

That looks like X-Mas morning to me.... :D

buildmark

Seaman Apprentice

LOL, make sure to thank her for unpacking the box and organizing everything for you. ;)

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer

I think you're OK.

All that stuff is to protect your investment (fenders, cleaning stuff), ensure family fun (fan, tube, tow rope, grill) or safety (battery to get home, anchor to stay put).

While boating is fun, it's also serious business. All that stuff is necessary!

Ask her what SHE wants for the boat to make it more fun for her. Better cup holder, bimini, stereo, binoculars, whatever....

Philster

Captain

Will the dealer provide a Coast Guard package (bumpers, line, anchor, vests, a throwable, extinguisher, first aid kit, etc)?

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yeah, don't get me wrong, the wife is all about boating too... She's out on the river with me almost every weekend. She's just a smart ***

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Will the dealer provide a Coast Guard package (bumpers, line, anchor, vests, a throwable, extinguisher, first aid kit, etc)?

Yup, they threw all the stuff to be coast guard compliant in, its on the purchase agreement. And I still have our personal pfd's .

Tthomp3

Petty Officer 1st Class

Now thats a pile of goodies!!!!!

Philster

Captain

The most important detail here is that the boat gear is stored inside the house... in a bedroom! FOR THE WIN!

Now that's proper storage of your boating supplies. :D