Trim not working! 2004 225 hp HO

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a recent trip to Ouachita, I was cruising along at top speed and when I reached my destination I slowed down and began trimming down, but it wouldn't trim down. Needless to say it was a long tournament. I tried every switch I had, on the front of the boat, at the console, the motor itself, nothing. I am hoping it is something simple. The relays in the fuse box inside the motor click when I hit up and down but I don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. By the way, it won't trim up or down. There seems to be nothing. I had to use the manual release to be able to move the motor at all.

Will Bark

Lieutenant
Re: Trim not working! 2004 225 hp HO

Two things you can try since you hear the relays clicking; one is to tap the trim motor with a small hammer or screwdriver and see if a brush in the motor is stuck. Tap gently. Thje other is to look for the wire connection under the relay box and take it apart and see if you have corrosion and are not making good contact there. I use battery cleaner in a spray can to clean that connector. Good luck.

Well I have had a hard time finding time to go out there and do that! When I tapped on the trim motor nothing happened. I checked the connection and there was no corrosion, everything seemed in order. My relays are still clicking. Is there anything else that I could try?

Will Bark

Lieutenant

Try jumping the motor dirct from a battery using jumper wires at the connection just below the relay box; if motor doesn't run then it's time for a new tnt motor. Post back and let us know what happened.

motor did nothing! I was hoping it was something simple....... getting fixed today! Ready to get back on the water!

daselbee

Commander
This thread is 4 years old. Start a new one, and I will post a probable cause and fix.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Bdyer73:

If you've not already done so, please read our forum rules (link below) - we ask that you don't post to topics over 90 days old unless you're the original poster. I was going to just move your post and start another topic, but there's not really enough description of your problem. So, let's go with daselbee's advice and have you start a new topic.

We'll let this one stay in the history books.

Status
Not open for further replies.