Help with Gamefisher 9.9

renegadewarrior

Recruit
I have a 96 gamefisher 9.9 model 225 581998 And need help with flywheel remove and replace. I need to change my igniton module. I am looking for tips and pointers on doing it the right way so I don't create more problems. What type of puller works best? How to reinstall properly? Torque rating for nut? Any help is much appreciated. Also if anyone knows where i can find a service manual for this motor that would be great! Thanks

renegadewarrior

Recruit
Re: Help with Gamefisher 9.9

Wow! 223 views and not a single reply! This forum is so helpfull!! Glad I signed up:mad:

SeaKaye12

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Help with Gamefisher 9.9

Hi RW....

Lets face it; the reason people haven't answered you is simple. They don't know the answer to your question at the moment. Some of them are probably going to look through their reference material when they get the time.

I wouldn't take it personally.... :)

Your motor was manufactured by Chrysler/Force/Mariner. You might try posting on the Chrysler/Force board here...or simply googling your motor's model number. That's what I just did.

Does your flywheel have three bolt holes in it in a circle around the center nut? Most flywheels do and they are removed with a 3-bolt puller....like this one:

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/pullers/46-piece-bolt-puller-set-37824.html

What you DON'T want to do is hammer on the flywheel or use one of the pullers that grabs under it's edges.

I don't know the torque at the moment but it's probably around 40 ft lbs. Someone will either agree or disagree here soon....

Good luck; those Force/Gamefishers are about the only decent motor sold by Sears in recent history. Most are Eskas/Tecumsehs/Clintons.... Be happy. You've got the good one :)

Chuck

Here's a link that shows your flywheel...and; sure enough...it has the three holes....
http://www.**********/parts/search/...97 1-2)/225.581998/IGNITION SYSTEM/parts.html

boatsdotnet