Any Ideas

Hardtimes 68

Cadet
I can tilt motor up and down and a few seconds latter nothing, no up and down. Wait a few seconds 15-20 ) It will work for a few seconds then nothing. The valve body has just been rebuilt. The battery in the boat is new. What could it be ? 125 Force 1988 Chrysler . :facepalm: The trim motor does not get hot.

bentle

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Any Ideas

There are two relays under the cowling and close to the front of the lower cowl.
One moves up and the other down.
Check for any loose wires and they may need to be cleaned.
I actually had the same prob. And cleaning helped for awhile but eventually I
had to replace them. Local napa auto parts store had them , and once replaced it worked great.
Any water getting into the pump??

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

If you have a tin can circuit breaker, it is breaking and resetting when it cools. Check for a short in the wires.

Hardtimes 68

Cadet

I did replace the relays that did not work will look . Will check to see if I have a circuit breaker. Semper Fi

stubtail

Petty Officer 3rd Class

You may have a bi-metallic switch located under the upper end cap of the motor (to open the circuit when at the end of travel to protect the motor and hydraulc system); at least some older units did. If that is the case, it may be tripping too soon. There have been suggestions to apply a bend to the bi-metallic strip to create a bit more tension to be overcome, thus allowing the motor to run longer before cutting out, but if so equipped, be careful as you don't want to over-pressurize the hydraulic system.