Can anyone ID this coil?

schnewj

Cadet
I have discovered a damaged coil on my 1995 Suzuki DT25C motor. I am having trouble identifying the proper coil.

The coil in question has Black/Red and Green wire connections which is identified in my Clymer manual as an Ignition Charge Coil. The Suzuki part schematic breakdown uses, I believe, the nomenclature of Coil, Primary (part number 32140-95D10).

However, the diagram on page 233 of the Clymer manual shows the coil in this location as a Battery Charge Coil which is an entirely different coil (Suzuki schematic I believe lists it as Coil, Lighting, part Number 32120-95D20).

So, the wiring identifies it as being an Ignition Charge Coil (Coil, Primary) i.e. black/red and green wires, but the manuals? diagram labels the coil in this location as the Battery Charge Coil, which may be a labeling mistake in the manual.

However, with the cost of the parts and shipping I would hate to order the wrong coil. So your help would be greatly appreciated identifying the correct coil, by part number if possible, needed. I have attached a photo of the magneto coils, with the needed coil in question being the one under the screw driver.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Coil photo II.jpg
    Coil photo II.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 0

klrbruce

Seaman
Re: Can anyone ID this coil?

I believe it is the ignition charge coil, but not positive and don't have that year manual. Battery charge coil is often yellow and red. To be sure what you need call Brownspoint marine service that's where I got many of my Suzuki parts and they have great knowledge. I had same issue trying to ID a coil that had multiple names and they helped me figure it out. If it is charge coil that is damaged it will not have spark, if it is batt charge coil it will run, but not charge the batt. Good luck