Deck Fill Cap

jcornell26

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yesterday I noticed my gas cap was missing. I am not entirely sure the exact model to replace it with. I have a an 2001 Galaxie Boat Works 1800 DECKBOAT - 18'. GBW is no longer in business so it is very difficulty to find any info on my boat online.

This appears to be exactly what I need. Looks like there are a couple different sizes though. How do I go about know which size will fit?

shrew

Lieutenant
Re: Deck Fill Cap

Usually the deck flange is sized by the size of the hose. The most common sizes are 1 1/2" and 2". I suspect the cap size corresponds to the falnge size which corresponds to the hose diameter. On an 18' boat, I'd suspect this is a 1 1/2". But it would safest to check.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yesterday I noticed my gas cap was missing. I am not entirely sure the exact model to replace it with. I have a an 2001 Galaxie Boat Works 1800 DECKBOAT - 18'. GBW is no longe rin business so it is very difficulty to find any info on my boat online.

This appears to be exactly like what I need. Looks like there are a couple different sizes though. How do I go about know which size will fit?

I'm certain Galaxie did not make their own fills. If you're trying to determine if the replacement should be 1.5" or 2" you can try measuring your existing fill. It shouldn't be hard to distinguish between the two different sizes.

jcornell26

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah, 1.5" or 2" is what I am wondering. It's as easy as just measuring it huh? :facepalm:

tnriver

Cadet

I take a pic of every part i need to take to store with me. ie in this case I would have a ruler to show the size beside it. I'd like a waste water cap for my fuel tank. With price of fuel.... jesting. :p

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

they're right proud of those replacement caps. Consider a boat junk yard if one is close by

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

There are only a few manufacturers of marine parts. Download a Perko and an Attwood catalog on-line. Between the two you'll probably find 90% of the parts used on boats these days

jcornell26

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for the input. I'll measure it tonight when i get home from work and take a pic.

Good to know on the boat parts dingbat. :)

jcornell26

Petty Officer 3rd Class

1.5" it is! :)

GasCap.jpg

After looking through both the Perko & Attwood Catalogs, my fill appears to be a Perko.

Perko Fill
Fig 0520 Gas.jpg

Attwood Fill
Pages from 07_2011AttCatalog_Fuel.jpg