TLDI help

greenpathy

Seaman Apprentice
1st just let me say before i go any further my battery is not 1000cca, but in the manual(b/c all say check that 1st) it never states i have to have a 1000cca battery..so before i try to figure out what i'm doing wrong o reseting myecu should i install a 1000cca amp battery..?

pvanv

Admiral
Re: TLDI help

You don't necessarily need a 1000-amp battery to reset the TPS initial position. You will want one for starting, especially if you are in the cold, to prevent the ECU from inadvertently doing a partial reset during cranking.

greenpathy

Seaman Apprentice

now thats makes sense,,

ok hope this all makes sense.
i started getting the 3 flashing lights, so i went threw the self check according to the book, but it was giving me codes that were not even in the book...How can that be?? keep in mind it pulled several (maybe 5 or 6) only 3 fit the description in the book. so i guess what i'm asking is should i start with the battery 1st?? b/c i have tried several times to reset mt ECU to no avail...i tried about 8 times and nothing..still flashing...plus according to the book the erase procedure is different then what was posted up here.(step 4 in book)

pvanv

Admiral

What is your precise model/serial, and what manual are you using? There is no "erase procedure". You can clear codes, and you can reset the tps initial setting. What codes did you read?

greenpathy

Seaman Apprentice

What is your precise model/serial, and what manual are you using? There is no "erase procedure". You can clear codes, and you can reset the tps initial setting. What codes did you read?

model= nsd50b 3t5-1
serial= 03473xe

using manual= seloc nissan /tahatsu outboards 1992-09

the only 3 codes that fit in the book were the last 3 codes it pulled
cps malfunction
#1Tps idiling position faulty
ffp malfunction.

the motor has 15-24 hours on it....
when i 1st started to notice the lights flashing it was running perfect, then i fished that afternoon, on the way back in it sputtered 2 times and turned off.. but would crank back up... i was very close to dock when it cut off.so when i got home i noticed there was a leak at my squeeze bulb which i promplty replaced..i figured thats where the ffp malfunction code came from, but for the life of me i can't get the codes to clear.

pvanv

Admiral

I would start with the Factory service manual, Part# 003N210502, $40.00, available from any dealer, including me. That is not a valid serial number. Did you drop a digit?

greenpathy

Seaman Apprentice

man don't tell me i bought this freaking paper weight for nothing and just waisted 25 bucks..

greenpathy

Seaman Apprentice

let me check again,,,i could have swore that was the correct serial number 1 second..