Replacement Float Bowls For 1992 V4 90: Question About Depth

thegage

Cadet
The plastic float bowls on my '92 Johnson V4 90 have warped. I've got what I think are the correct replacement aluminum bowls (Kit Part #0437214), as well as the required new intermediate jets. My question has to do with the depth of the replacement bowls: They are shallower than the original plastic bowls, by about 4-5 mm. Is this a problem, or should I not worry about it?

John K.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: Replacement Float Bowls For 1992 V4 90: Question About Depth

I would not worry about the depth. You have the correct factory replacement bowl part number. Possible the plastic bowls are made thicker than the alumimun ones. The float height should be set according to the factory service manual and I don't think the depth of the bowls will have any effect on the setting.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Just make sure the float drop is correct along with the float level.

thegage

Cadet

Thanks for the replies.

I think float drop is correct--it's set as per the Seloc Manual at about 1" of drop. What got me worried is that the interior volume of the replacement bowls is much less than the original plastic ones, and in fact the float seems to contact to bottom of the bowl just as you're attaching the bowl to the carb body.

John K.