Need Help!!! None of my electronics work

aquaholic one

Recruit
First of all, Hello ALL, I'm New here and to boating. Problem, I have a 1972 17ft. Duo Roamer open bow with a replaced 1993 90hp evinrude outbroad. The engine fires right up, but none of my gauges, bilge pump nor radio works. Two new batteries, but none of the electronics work. wiring and fuses seem fine, but im no good at electric work. Any ideas?????? Please help P.S> lights and horn works for some reason

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Need Help!!! None of my electronics work

It could be one of several things or a combination of things. Boat electrical systems are split into at least 2 systems. One is for the motor as a stand alone system. the second is for ever thing else with the battery's being a common point for both systems. Normally lights ,horn, stereo, live well and most ever thing Else is on its own system. In your case it sounds like your losing power or the ground in the console area. I would start off by looking at the fuse panel in the console and work out each non function circuit.

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

As James (or is it Deb?) stated, your boat is supposed to have two separate electrical system. The gauges (with the possible exception of their internal lighting) are supposed to be connected to the motor's electrical system through the ignition switch; almost everything else should be connected to the fuse block, which is connected to a battery via a set of 8 or 10 gauge wires (with a fuse near the battery on the positive lead). The bilge pump may be connected directly to a battery.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

grins , its James, Deb just sits around and looks pretty and holds my beer when I am launching.

aquaholic one

Recruit

Thanks for that advice, I will get right on that now..... Will let you know the outcome.... Thanks Again