Fuel guage - one of those important things ;)

oldjeep

Admiral
Had the day off so I pulled the boat out of the garage to test start it and get the towe put back on. Had just got done working on the drive last weekend so I wanted to make sure everything was good and no leaks. Put on the muffs, cranked and cranked and cranked until I finally noticed that the guage was on E. I normally store the boat with whatever gas was in it when we last used it - apparently it was just about empty the last time we had it out duh-oh.

Dumped in a couple gallons from the lawnmower can and it fired right up. Can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit so we can start skiing.

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: Fuel guage - one of those important things ;)

Just to be sure . . . take a whiff underneath where the fuel tank is to make sure the little remaining fuel did not leak over the winter.

oldjeep

Admiral

Just to be sure . . . take a whiff underneath where the fuel tank is to make sure the little remaining fuel did not leak over the winter.

The boat was in a garage all winter with the plug out, would have noticed any fuel smell and it would have been on the floor.

foodfisher

Captain

Yea, a wise old man told me once, " Check the oil, the gas will take care of itself"

Mikeyboy

Chief Petty Officer

These things run on gas?! That may explain the motor problems I've been having. :facepalm::D

riptorn

Chief Petty Officer

You have any teen aged kids with wheels? lol