Need to Replace 2 Volvo Penta 5.7gxi-e engines...Any good aftermarket replacements?

bwoeller

Cadet
Hi,

My boat went for a scuba dive and my twin Volvo Penta GXI-E engines drank some saltwater. We tried to pickle them and bring them back from the dead, but now they are seized. Since I had replaced all the wiring harnesses,sensors, switches etc, I guess now all I really need are two blocks. I can't afford actual Volvo Penta brand blocks...any ideas for replacements that will line up with all the other parts that have to go on them?

Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Need to Replace 2 Volvo Penta 5.7gxi-e engines...Any good aftermarket replacement

I can't afford actual Volvo Penta brand blocks...any ideas for replacements that will line up with all the other parts that have to go on them?

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... There ain't no Volvo brand blocks, they're All GM....

Call yer GM Dealer, 'n ask for a 5.7l of whatever vintage yer Volvos are...

bwoeller

Cadet
Re: Need to Replace 2 Volvo Penta 5.7gxi-e engines...Any good aftermarket replacement

Ok, thanks Bond-0 & Bubba 1235. Bubba, have you used or heard anything about either of those two companies?

Thanks