Sears Gamefisher 9.9 not pissing water

kmckoy

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1995 or 1996 sears gamefisher 9.9 that I ran for 3 miles, it started to lose power, then died, it was hot, not kicking out any water, I tore it apart and the impellar was chewed up, I replaced the impellar and now it will only run for a minute or so, but it is still not pissing any water. What is wrong?

BonairII

Commander
Re: Sears Gamefisher 9.9 not pissing water

Were you missing any pieces of the impeller? If so, there may be pieces stuck in the plumbing and stopping the water flow. You're gonna to have to drop the lower unit run a garden hose up the intake pipe to make sure water is circulating.

Make sure your telltale is clear also...so that when you do solve the water issue, you'll see a pee stream.

Probably a good time to check your compression to make sure there is no major damage from the overheat.

kmckoy

Seaman Apprentice

There were pieces missing, I will check that. Thanks

BonairII

Commander

Make sure to check compression also.

kmckoy

Seaman Apprentice

I have another question not related to this have you ever installed an electric start to a pull start outboard and if so how difficult is the wiring?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have another question not related to this have you ever installed an electric start to a pull start outboard and if so how difficult is the wiring?

If it is not related it needs a new thread in the correct forum, Kmckoy.

Even this one is a duplicate post from a wrong forum. Please read and respect our rules. Thanks for your cooperation.