Bellows Replacement Help in Cola, SC

lukeshupe

Recruit
I've been a lurker here for a long time just reading and learning. I know most of you guys are gurus and i hope to be there one day but for now all I'm just learning. Im looking for some help doing a bellows replacement on my SeaRay. It's a Mercruiser Alpha one. I ordered all the parts and was suppose to have a mechanic coming to the house this weekend to do it but he cancelled on me. Wife wants to get on the lake and so do I. If any one has any guidance or suggestions I'm open to whatever. I'd consider myself an amateur shade tree mechanic I can handle routine service like oil lube and water pump I'm just nervous about tackling this myself.
Thanks in advance
Lucas

wellcraft-classic210

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bellows Replacement Help in Cola, SC

I've been a lurker here for a long time just reading and learning. I know most of you guys are gurus and i hope to be there one day but for now all I'm just learning. Im looking for some help doing a bellows replacement on my SeaRay. It's a Mercruiser Alpha one. I ordered all the parts and was suppose to have a mechanic coming to the house this weekend to do it but he cancelled on me. Wife wants to get on the lake and so do I. If any one has any guidance or suggestions I'm open to whatever. I'd consider myself an amateur shade tree mechanic I can handle routine service like oil lube and water pump I'm just nervous about tackling this myself.
Thanks in advance
Lucas

If you are thinking about tackling this yourself I suggest you read the manual(s) & mercstuff.com also has some good procedures avaialable online. You need a few specialized tools as well.

I would call this an advanced project but it certainly can be done by a home mechanic with care and patience.