First Time Pontoon Owners Introducing Ourselves!

Lorie

Cadet
Hi, my husband and I have been reading and reading this forum for weeks. My husband had asked a question about another toon we were looking at, but the owner changed their mind before we could make a move. I think it was a good thing, as we purchased one I think we will like even better. It is a 1999 PrinceCraft 24 Foot Triple Toon. It has a 150 HP Evinrude 2 stroke motor. It has a hard top and came with a full camping enclosure. I have read how some like the enclosures and some don't. We are really hoping to stay overnight on the pontoon and are excited it came with it. Just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful advise that you have given us through reading all your posts. I won't name names, but there are certain ones that I look for your posts and have come to think of you as the Pontoon Gurus!

I guess I should tell you about our family and our boating use. It will be my husband and I and our 3 "children" 24, 21, 18. And of course any of their friends we allow to come with us. ha The past 3 years we have boated with our friends on their boat and added in our Jet Ski. We decided we spent more time just hanging out than anything else and realized a pontoon boat would give us more room. We also love camping and hope to combine the 2 things and really have fun. My husband went to the Naval Academy and has been boating on and off for years. I have no experience and hope to very slowly get comfortable. I have taken an online boating course to slowly ease into the experience.

I am going to attempt to add pictures. Thanks again!photo-3.jpgphoto-7.jpgphoto-4.JPGphoto-2.JPGphoto-5.JPG

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: First Time Pontoon Owners Introducing Ourselves!

welcome aboard. That is one very nice looking ride. You cant beat a toon I raised 3 daughters on one and am now starting in on 8 grand kids.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Triple toon with an etec? I'd say ya done good. Very nice rig that I know you guys will enjoy for many years. Camping on barges is great fun. Looking forward to some action (or inaction;)) shots. Congrats on the new family member.:cool:

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class

I also have a full camping inclosure, and my wife and I plan on a few weekend camping trips on differant lakes, good luck

CoverdPontoon1.jpg

muskiemike12

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats not an e-tec, it is a Ficht Ram Evinrude. Congrats on the purchase. YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT!

The Rooster

Ensign

Congratulations Lorie. Looks great. As the others have said, you'll have a great time camping out on the toon. All you need now is that BBQ pit. Good luck !!!

The Rooster

Ensign

Lorie, I can't stand the suspense any longer. Was i one of your "Pontoon Gurus" ??? ;)

Water logged

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome aboard Lorie and crew. Looks like you got yourself a real nice boat there. You're going to have some good times on with that setup.

Glenn

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

Welcome aboard Lorie and the family. We are fairly new to the toon also. Had one for around 9 months now and love it. I'm a boater of many years and also found hanging out to be the best times. Our barge came with a full enclosure but here in Florida it is just too hot to use. Up north it would have been great to have but here its just the three tops being used. Wind grabs the back too much also. Anyway. Have a great time and tell us all about it.

Lorie

Cadet

Thanks everybody. I will update you as soon as we get to take it out the first time. (Of course, we did take it for a test ride when we looked at it... it was a cold ride, but everything ran great.) But can't wait to take it out now that it is officially ours.

And yes, Rooster, you WERE one of the gurus. :) In fact I was excited to see at least 2 of my gurus comment on this post......... I laughed out loud when I saw "not everybody is about you." My kids say that to me ALL the time. ha ha

We were wanting to take it out tomorrow, but it is supposed to be rainy. Ugh.

The Rooster

Ensign

Thanks everybody. I will update you as soon as we get to take it out the first time. (Of course, we did take it for a test ride when we looked at it... it was a cold ride, but everything ran great.) But can't wait to take it out now that it is officially ours.

And yes, Rooster, you WERE one of the gurus. :) In fact I was excited to see at least 2 of my gurus comment on this post......... I laughed out loud when I saw "not everybody is about you." My kids say that to me ALL the time. ha ha

We were wanting to take it out tomorrow, but it is supposed to be rainy. Ugh.

"Lorie" is my newest best friend here on IBoats :D Best of luck to you guys, and be safe out there. Any chance you can make it to the first annual Arkansas get together that "Coop" is setting up ??

Lorie

Cadet

We looked and it is 9.5-10hours for us. In the past we have gone to Missouri in the summer and rented a pontoon boat for vacation. That was about 8 hours for us. Husband said it is not out of the question. So, we will see.. Would be fun. High today of 58. I want warm weather. I am really a Floridavgirl from Pensacola and I need the hot weather to get here. Need to takes this thing out!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

We looked and it is 9.5-10hours for us. In the past we have gone to Missouri in the summer and rented a pontoon boat for vacation. That was about 8 hours for us. Husband said it is not out of the question. So, we will see.. Would be fun. High today of 58. I want warm weather. I am really a Floridavgirl from Pensacola and I need the hot weather to get here. Need to takes this thing out!

But you could just sleep on the boat!:D I do understand. That is a long haul towing a party barge, but if you guys can make it that would be awesome. Still not sure when it's going to be, but keep any eye on the thread.:cool:

Johnny Knoxville

Seaman Apprentice

First time pontoon boat owner here as-well. Good luck and Happy Tooning. We are enjoying our new Bennington. Just finished the break in of the Yamaha 150 on a 2274. We have had some nice weather here in East TN.

Lorie

Cadet

So glad you have been able to start breaking in your boat Johnny. We are hoping to go out this weekend.. We have had rain every weekend and this weekend shows the same, but we are hoping for a pause in the weather. Saturday is the Kentucky Derby and if the rain that is forecast doesn't happen, we may even miss the race to be able to get out on the river!!

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Lorie,
Nice Pontoon Boat. Yeap, I own a 1991, 20 foot, Pontoon Boat by Lowe boats with a 70 horse Johnson that we have had for about 4 years now and we absolutely love ours and cannot wait to possibly take it out this upcomming weekend here in South Carolina, Lake Bowen to be exact.