Boating and Fishing West Virginia

aaron1956

Cadet
I am leaving this weekend for about a two month job in Pendleton County West Virginia, a little Northwest of Harrisonberg Va, in the George Washington National Park. I sure want to take my boat (Procraft 1660 with a 110 Evinrude). Are there any good lakes in this area, say within a 2 hour drive? I was concerned whether or not gas powered motors were allowed on many of the lakes. How is the fishing in the area? (Crappie and catfish are my favorites to fish for). Really though, anything that bend a rod!

sasto

Captain
Re: Boating and Fishing West Virginia

The only place I fished near where you are going is Tygart Lake. A beautiful place with many species of fish.

Have fun, I love WV.

aaron1956

Cadet

The only place I fished near where you are going is Tygart Lake. A beautiful place with many species of fish.

Have fun, I love WV.

Thats the lake I have been looking at online. Seems to be a pretty good lake for fishing. Thanks for the reply sasto!

sasto

Captain

Thats the lake I have been looking at online. Seems to be a pretty good lake for fishing. Thanks for the reply sasto!

Done deal! I hope you enjoy her as much as I did, Aaron. I have hope to return to her someday!

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

There's Tygart, Stonewall Jackson, Stonecoal, Burnsville, for starters.

aaron1956

Cadet

Ok, I have been in West Virginia for over two months now. I have had really good look catching rainbows in the South Fork River near Franklin. Haven't had much luck on the lakes so far. I fished Lake Mount Storm and Jennings Randolf on the WV/Maryland border. Caught only small catfish on Mt. Storm and only a few small walleyes on Jennings Randolf,(a beautiful lake by the way)!
I have a four day week end starting tomorrow and I am still debating on Lake Tygart or Stonewall Jackson. About the same distance from here. Heck, I may just hit em both! Decisions,decisions!!

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

I say hit 'em both! I have'nt made it to Tygart yet. A buddy of mine has fished it a few times. We're supposed to go soon. I think I will hit stonewall Saturday. Have fun! Be Careful.

weemsplath

Recruit

Whenever there is a case of boating and fishing, I think instruments also matters. The brass Clock Chart Weight is an excellent personal keepsake or corporate gift when customized by imprinting or engraving. It is a handsome addition to any desk or chart table.

duke33

Petty Officer 1st Class

Whenever there is a case of boating and fishing, I think instruments also matters. The brass Clock Chart Weight is an excellent personal keepsake or corporate gift when customized by imprinting or engraving. It is a handsome addition to any desk or chart table.
Wrong place to put an ad my friend.

johnson4

Cadet

try summersville lake drove past it this weekend and it looked great, i know people that dive in this lake and they tell me that the visibility is about 40 feet.