ALUMACRAFT queen of the waterways...15ft!

SALTY J 4000

Recruit
Hey out there, new to the scene. Im down in Florida, and I got myself my first real project boat. My dad got his neighbor to part with his ALUMACRAFT queen of the waterways. Im trying to find information on it, but we cant find any markings on it in the back near the transom. Most images i have been able to find on the internet are smaller than this one. It measures 15ft long, and 5ft across at its widest point. It came with an all aluminum oar, which I thought was pretty neat. Does anyone out there know the model of this beast? Or what hp should be used ( its heavy!)

-pic of my dad bringing it over from neighbors house....in a yard trailer. Southern ingenuity!
photo.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: ALUMACRAFT queen of the waterways...15ft!

Welcome to iboats

What HP ??? You have one oar what more do you need?

It should safely take a 25 HP tiller steering motor.

Prior to investing in anything....... be certain you can legally register it ;)

Vintin

Petty Officer 1st Class

It may be the model 'K' and is likely rated for 35hp.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It may be the model 'K' and is likely rated for 35hp.

Be careful..... a larger model 16' with a 5'10" beam is only rated for 35 hp......... the USCG rating system has not changed and 35 HP would not be correct since his is a 15' with a 5' beam

Alumacraft is still in business. The original poster could contact them.

pic of my dad bringing it over from neighbors house....in a yard trailer. Southern ingenuity!
View attachment 141834
I would seriously pay money to see your dad towing it like that to the launch. Please tell me he had a lit heater hanging from the corner of his mouth and a cold brew in his non-steering hand.

As an aside, I used a 1962 5.5hp Seahorse with basically that same boat for years. I love small motors on tin boats. Gotta watch Grumpy Old Men to really get in the mood!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

What HP ??? You have one oar what more do you need?

OP--don't follow this advice! You'll end up going in circles!

which you will also end up doing trying to register it!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I would seriously pay money to see your dad towing it like that to the launch. Please tell me he had a lit heater hanging from the corner of his mouth and a cold brew in his non-steering hand.

As an aside, I used a 1962 5.5hp Seahorse with basically that same boat for years. I love small motors on tin boats. Gotta watch Grumpy Old Men to really get in the mood!

LMBO. That's awesome.