Tiny Fuel Lines

jcalder3

Cadet
Hello,
On my 2002 Islandia with a 240 Mercury, there is a very small fuel line, probably about 3/16 OD, that connects to three 1/8" barbed connections on the starboard side then loops over the top and connects to two 1/8" barbed connections on the port side. It looks like the throttle body / intake area.The lowest connection on the starboard side has a tee and the line continues another 8" or so and just dangles in the bilge leaking fuel. On the port side at the bottom of the throttle body there is one more 1/8" barb that's not connected to anything, . Both these open connections leak fuel.
Also on the port side are two more barbed connections that are independently connected to the block by a 5" line
Can someone please explain the function of this small fuel line and where all the connection points should be?
BTW, it came back to me like this from the rebuilder. Left a message for him but haven't heard back.
Thanks for any help!

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Tiny Fuel Lines

These are the bleed lines and need to be routed correctly.Post serial # and someone may have correct manual for directions.

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Having trouble with that #.They have some diagrams on 240 jet drive bleed routing at "**********"but not for your serial #.They start at OE384xxx.

jcalder3

Cadet

I just checked and that the number on the sticker on the flywheel cover.
Did you post a website address where you found bleed routing? Or is that not allowed, thus the "****....?
I'd be interested to see the diagrams they have.
Thank you

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Just google mercury 240 parts and a few sites will have diagrams.Ive posted sites before,must be a crack down.Dont want to be sent to the hole...lol