Condensation in the tubes??

gsouthern

Cadet
Hi, kinda new to inflatables so forgive me if the answer to this question is obvious:eek:
I have a 12' Sevylor that sat on a trailer all winter, inflated, through hot and cold spells, and now it sounds like there is water sloshing around in the tubes...can I remove it by just deflating it, and do I need to worry about getting all the water out?:confused: if so how do you do it? Thanx in advance for any advice.

CopperFox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Condensation in the tubes??

I have a 12' Sevylor as well, and have never heard of this, though I always deflate mine between uses. If any section was inflated to any pressure level at all, that would pretty much ensure that water did not enter while the boat just sat there. I would assess the situation as follows: Are you sure that the water is in a chamber that still has good air pressure in it? If the chamber with water is not pressurized, then it is likely not just condensation and you should be able to empty it by positioning the chamber with the valve at the lowest point and opening the valve. You should then check for a leak. If the chamber with water is pressurized, then (a) it could have had water in it before you last inflated it - Drain as suggested or (b) it is truely condensate, then there shouldn't be that much water, in which case, when the air temperature warms back up, the water should evaporate back into the air in the chamber. If you don't awant to wait, then drain it now. That's about all I can suggest. Good luck.

curtis4769

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Condensation in the tubes??

I know this thread is a month old, but if you haven't got the water out yet, tilt the inflatable so the water collects directly by the valve, then open the valve and the water blows out.