Sick of snow......

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander
It is snowing again and its supposed to be cold and snowing this week.
I really want to see my new boat but there is no sense in bringing it home and unwrapping it yet.
Perhaps in May.

coreybv

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Sick of snow......

Snow? Ick!

And here I was all pissed off that it's raining this weekend and down in the 50's.....

Honestly, I don't know how you Canadians do it. I find southern Iowa to be far too arctic for my tastes.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

May is 2 weeks away........ get the boat......... snow does not stay long at this time of the year ;)

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Been snowing most of the day here in NW Montana, but as Bob said, this time of the year it don't hang around long, it is already starting to melt off, get the boat, you will be able to unwrap it real soon.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Yep, they're even talking 1 - 2" for us by morning. Up to 7" in spots of N Mn. Yesterday it was in the 70's and sunny. Still beats what those poor folks are going thru in the lower midwest.

FlaCowboy

Ensign

Snow...??? :eek: I already have a suntan by mother nature. You must live in the wrong place :D

canoemang

Petty Officer 1st Class

Supposed to get some amount here also.. it is funny because i just dethatched my lawn and put my snow shovel away.

ricohman

Lieutenant Commander

I still have the blower on my tractor. We may get 5 inches and its blowing so the drifts can get deep.
I may go get the boat this weekend. I've never actually seen it. I hope there is a new Islander 221 under that wrap or this will be the biggest scam ever.
I bought a nice cover here in iboats, I just didn't want it to fill with snow.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Here's what we basically woke up to. Been melting some. At times it looked like a blizzard. N Mn closed schools. Not sure how much they received. Crab trees are leafing out.....

100_1837-1.jpg

rbh

Fleet Admiral

^^^^^^^^
Wimusky, all I can say is BLECK!! but better you than me bud!!
It has been raining here and that has eaten our snow away to just the big piles that came of the roof or were pushed into the shadows.

Mindya if I look out the kitchen window I believe its snowing at the 3500 foot mark on the MT across the valley from me (were at the 2500 foot mark)
We are hearing that the snow pack is at 135%, so if it gets warm fast were going to be doing some sand bagging down town (1100 feet)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

We got another 7 inches of wet and heavy stuff night before last, nice thing is I can ride my Harley today in the 70's, but the boat may still be a couple weeks away, happy to be sending a lot of water downstream though good for everyone in the plains!!

kobe

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We got another 20 cm forecast for tonight... had enuf now, time to put the snowmobiles away and get the boat wet

WIMUSKY

Staff member

^^^^^^^^
Wimusky, all I can say is BLECK!! but better you than me bud!!
It has been raining here and that has eaten our snow away to just the big piles that came of the roof or were pushed into the shadows.

Mindya if I look out the kitchen window I believe its snowing at the 3500 foot mark on the MT across the valley from me (were at the 2500 foot mark)
We are hearing that the snow pack is at 135%, so if it gets warm fast were going to be doing some sand bagging down town (1100 feet)

Driveway is clear now, but dangit, still white on the lawn and in the woods........ It's a whole 32?. Wind hasn't let up here either for "umpteen" days.....

coreybv

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Driveway is clear now, but dangit, still white on the lawn and in the woods........ It's a whole 32?. Wind hasn't let up here either for "umpteen" days.....

Yeah, today was 55 and windy. "Windy" as in it felt like 25.

**** it, I'm moving to Florida.

Hell, job market is better there anyway....

PS94

Petty Officer 1st Class

My yard was clear, I had put the snowblower away, sled was sitting on the grass(snow still in mountains so it stays out)..and we got a 6" dump...I keep telling myself that it's filling up the lakes for the Sea Ray. :/

dozerII

Admiral

I still have the blower on my tractor. We may get 5 inches and its blowing so the drifts can get deep.
I may go get the boat this weekend. I've never actually seen it. I hope there is a new Islander 221 under that wrap or this will be the biggest scam ever.
I bought a nice cover here in iboats, I just didn't want it to fill with snow.

rico, your not that much further north than me and I had the 16 SS out on the water March 31. The weather has surly been unpredictable, but overly warm. Raining here right now and +4
Glen

raymondpickens

Petty Officer 1st Class

You poor guys, Its been in the mid 90's here in south texas for a month. :p

sasto

Captain

I'm getting sick of it too. I get snow about once every month here in Florida. I'm about ready to pull the plug on this thing!:rolleyes:

attachment.php

bev cooler.jpg