125 force 88 timing??

jdx6i

Seaman Apprentice
can someone tell me/help me how to step by step time my 125 force?? thanks for/if any help :confused:

foodfisher

Captain
Re: 125 force 88 timing??

Yes, I can't personally do it, but when I had to do it, I went to the manual and what I didn't understand there, I went and used the search function here. If problems stilll plagued me, then I started to pester the well meaning, generous old farts on this site. You can do it too.

rick36

Seaman Apprentice

To set static timing Pull all the plugs so the motor wont start, take the prop off put the boat in gear at wot,hook timing light pick up on #1 cyl (top 1)make sure key is in the on position there should be 3 lines on the flywheel and 1 line at the set marker scratch the 3 lines down to the metal with a flat head screw driver so you can see them when the light flashes.Also depending on the timing light you want shade or set it at dusk, doing it in the sun is like pissing in the wind bc you cant see the flash. Crank the motor it should be lighting the middle line on the flywheel .. to the set marker if its not the adjustment is at the top,turnng it clockwise advance's and counter decreases. Good luck It was easy I set it no problem and this is my first boat

rick36

Seaman Apprentice

For got to mention you need 2 people or jump the soliniod with the key on ...

jdx6i

Seaman Apprentice

ok thanks i think i got it umm do i put the + on the timing light on the first one? and the - on the motor it self?? i have never used on before i always did my car motor by ear. sorry i dont mean to sound stupid.. im just new to outboards

rick36

Seaman Apprentice

No hook the timing light red and black to the battery and the pick up cliped on to the top cylinder spark plug wire;)

jdx6i

Seaman Apprentice

yes sir i got her running great BUT now im not gettin water from pump.. i put new one in today and put back together and still not workin.. i took it back off and put the water hose right one the pipe and what do u know water.. soo i put the lower back on and tried.. and AGAIN... NO WATER.. i dont know what im missing... im just about ready to take it to the lake and shoot holes in it.. i been workin on this moter for a long time and now im so close and this happens

bentle

Chief Petty Officer

Make sure the water pickup tube is aligned with pump housing.
Also make sure the water tube seal is present and usually found on the bottom of water pickup tube.
Did you put the impeller key way back in place and also in the right place??
Are you using muffs or a barrel, or on the water?

jdx6i

Seaman Apprentice

i have wrong impeller but got a new kit comin from ebay so i will lwt u guys know the outcome when it comes in