I Need New Boat Purchase Advice

Epitome

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I want the widest, deepest tiller control deep v 16-17 foot aluminum boat available. Also must be bare bones, no floor. The best I have found is the G3 Guide V16. It is .100 aluminum and an 84" beam. My only apprehension is the depth, which is a bow depth of 30". Here is a link http://g3boats.com/Guide_V_Aluminum_Boat An equally compared Australian Quintrex aluminum boat is 36" or so depth. I have checked Lowe, Polar Kraft, Lund and a bunch of others, but the G3 seems to be the widest and deepest here in the states. I looked at a Lowe yesterday with a floor and a steering wheel that had a 78" beam that was very deep, they just don't make it in a tiller, no floor model. I am hoping someone knows of a company that I am missing that makes the monster I am looking for lol. Thanks ;)

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I Need New Boat Purchase Advice

You just may have found your boat. That's a beaut.

I just checked Crestliner and while their Sportsman SS 18 footer appears to be available with no floor and 33 inch depth - max beam is 78 inches and you get .100 gauge in the transom only. Sides are .080 and bottom .090

Epitome

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That Crestliner looks great. Thanks for the information. I have a 25 foot center console, but I also have a 16 foot, semi v Landau Weld Tek 1652. It has a 76'' beam but only 21" sides. I have a 2005 Mercury Electric/pull start 2 stroke I have barely used since I bought it back then, but it works great on that Landau. The problem is that in really rough water outside the bay I'd really like a deeper boat. That G3 looks like the one so far. It can be had for between $4200 and $4600. Much less it seems than the Crestliner, but I will definitely check into it. I want to keep the boat floorless to save weight so that it is most easily towed with my minivan instead of my truck. Right now the boat/motor combo is only around 600lbs or so....it's easy. I am trying to keep it that way. Gas is way to expensive to be running the big boat all the time.

Epitome

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Anyone know of another manufacturer I should check out? I expect to have this boat a long time. I see plenty of boats from manufacturers like lowe and lund that make big, deep v hull shells, but then they only offer them with floors and all the trimmings. I just want a stripped down version with basic seats.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

if you can switch to fiberglass, the Carolina Skiff and its copies are what you want.

Epitome

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I don't see any tiller controlled, deep v hull boats from Carolina Skiff.