1980 sea sprite coougar

bullfrog79

Cadet
hello iboat world! im new to this site, and i come armed with questions, i recently gained a 1980 sea sprite trihull cougar , i know nothing about this boat , which i think is why i am so interested in it. i cannot seem to find any photos of any that are all decked out and nice. i guess im trying to learn about the structure beneath the floor before i take the rotten pplywood and carpet up. i would really like to find images of a nice one so i can get the idea of what it is supposed too look like, any info is greatly appreciated ....thanks

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: 1980 sea sprite coougar

Welcome bullfrog79,

Can't help you with ID on the boat, other than to look for a Hull ID number at the very back [transom], outside, upper right [starboard], looking at the boat from the back to the front...there are many other places a Hull ID might be located, such as under the helm seat, under the dash, along a gunwale, etc...

I can tell you that if you decide you want to restore this boat, you are in the right place to get all the info you will need to get it done...

The biggest thing the guys here are going to ask for are pictures...few ways to do it, but one of the best is get a free photobucket account, load your pics there, then use the IMG tag to post them here...

The reason for the pics is to help the guys here, see what you see...

As far as the structure of the boat, unless it is built similar to Boston Whaler, is pretty much the same as most any other boat...you will have your decking, some sort of support between that and the hull, known as stringers and/or bulkheads, and the transom, where the motor is attached...

More info will be available as soon as you post up some pics and others with way more knowledge will jump in soon...

Have Fun!
GT1M

bullfrog79

Cadet

Welcome bullfrog79,

Can't help you with ID on the boat, other than to look for a Hull ID number at the very back [transom], outside, upper right [starboard], looking at the boat from the back to the front...there are many other places a Hull ID might be located, such as under the helm seat, under the dash, along a gunwale, etc...

I can tell you that if you decide you want to restore this boat, you are in the right place to get all the info you will need to get it done...

The biggest thing the guys here are going to ask for are pictures...few ways to do it, but one of the best is get a free photobucket account, load your pics there, then use the IMG tag to post them here...

The reason for the pics is to help the guys here, see what you see...

As far as the structure of the boat, unless it is built similar to Boston Whaler, is pretty much the same as most any other boat...you will have your decking, some sort of support between that and the hull, known as stringers and/or bulkheads, and the transom, where the motor is attached...

More info will be available as soon as you post up some pics and others with way more knowledge will jump in soon...

Have Fun!
GT1M

awesome. thanks for the photo heads up ill get on that tomorrow!

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi bull frog.....

welcome to iboats !

my good buddie above ^^^^^^said it......(thanks GT great post)

what i can add.....is the sub structure for the tri hull asr all basically the same. alot of the tri's were copies from glastrons tri hull.

alot of guys here have done better jobs on thier projects than a pro could do.

look at johnnys .....

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=336858

red fury has another one.....look in the completed boats section....

i dont care what you run to....or if you slice your hull when grinding out the boat......we can help you fix it.

welcome aboard !

bullfrog79

Cadet

wow that looks like it turned out to be a cool project, !!! thanks for the info ....all these pics are getting me pumped to get my hands dirty!! Thanks guys