1982 Invader questions

KTMFred

Cadet
Hello. I recently inherited a 1982 Invader boat with a 4cyl Mercury Motor. I have no documentation on the boat, no manual for the motor or out drive, and I am new to boating and owning a boat. If anyone would have any idea where I could find a manual for the motor and our drive, that would be awesome. The i/o motor is a 140 HP motor and has a mercruiser out drive. The HIN is MWK40338M82K. If anyone could tell me the model of the boat to that would help greatly help! Thanks a ton!!!

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1982 Invader questions

hi fred/////welcome to iboats !

the motor will be a standard chevy.....the motor gurus can easilly help.

the out drive will be a mercruiser with an early alpha.......again a standard set up....

as for the model of the boat.....please post the hull hin in the general boating not engine repair forum.

for now........we are going to move this thread to the mercruiser forum......that way you will get help FAST .

CHEERS......AND AGAIN.........WELCOME TO IBOATS !

Bondo

Staff member

Hello. I recently inherited a 1982 Invader boat with a 4cyl Mercury Motor. I have no documentation on the boat, no manual for the motor or out drive, and I am new to boating and owning a boat. If anyone would have any idea where I could find a manual for the motor and our drive, that would be awesome. The i/o motor is a 140 HP motor and has a mercruiser out drive. The HIN is MWK40338M82K. If anyone could tell me the model of the boat to that would help greatly help! Thanks a ton!!!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Look in the Adults Only section, pinned to the top of this forum, for that Info....

It's most likely the MR drive... Alpha 1s were intro'ed the followin' year...

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Look in the Adults Only section, pinned to the top of this forum, for that Info....

It's most likely the MR drive... Alpha 1s were intro'ed the followin' year...

Need serial numbers, but if the engine and drive are the same year as the hull (1982) then the drive is an MC-1, Alpha One didn't start until 1986...

Post up the serial number of the drive and the serial number of the engine and someone will post you a link to a manual

Chris......