Help identifying boat please...

N8DAWG35

Recruit
I recently purchased this boat in Mount Vernon Washington for fishing and crabbing and I can not find anything about this boat. It does have Bayliner written on the side but there is no ID plate anywhere and there is no number on the boat that would help with identifying it either. The only number on the boat anywhere is 608044 which I know does not have the right amount to be the Hull Identification Number.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to see how the boat looked when new and how it was set up. It does have a 1964 Evinrude Sportfour 60hp motor and I am having trouble with the steering set up as well.
Thank you in advance as I am on deployment with the Navy and looking forward to getting home in time for crabbing season to start.
IMG_20100905_191851.jpgIMG_20100908_161037.jpgIMG_20100908_161144.jpg

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help identifying boat please...

welcome to iboats,

thank you for your service.

looks like a standard early 70's design.
i really like it, the duck bill hull will keep you dry in larger swells.

you might try lo look on fiberglassics site. they have a huge resource on older hulls.
but if you want to fix anything on the boat.....this is the place to be !

southkogs

Staff member

Might also find something out on the Bayliner owners forum. Cool lookin' boat too.

Right with Oops too: great information on this forum for getting things working right.

Stay safe on deployment, and thank you.

N8DAWG35

Recruit

oops! and southkogs thank you very much for the compliments about the boat and help with the identification. It does make me feel better about the purchase and subsequent work I have put in it to get it ready for crab season before leaving. It still needs a lot of work so I will certainly use the forum for that help.
Respectfully.