Problems with a parts supplier?

elmwood

Seaman Apprentice
I have looked through the site and notice orders being placed to marineparts.com. I was wondering if anyone else has had problems. If you have did the company make it right and were you satisfied. I ask this because I received my order today. I ordered 2 items an impeller and valve body seal kit for my trim tilt pump. I was sent the wrong impeller. Numbers were not even close. I ordered a 18-3277 and was sent 09-1027B-1. The seal kit was opened and most of the parts were missing. There should have been 19 o-rings and 1 filter. I received 3 o-rings and 1 filter. I could not call the company since I got home from work after they closed. I'm 1 hour different in time. I have to wait until monday to call. I have also sent an email with pictures of the order. I'm just hopeing this can be resolved and if anyone else has had results. Good from a bad problem.

Thanks,
Eric

Mikeyboy

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Problems with a parts supplier?

I have never ordered from them yet but have had a lot of recommendations to them. While it certainly sucks that your order got screwed up so badly but I can't imagine they would get all the recommendations they do if they were doing shady business. I would guess that they will make it right as soon as you get a hold of them. Good luck and let us know what happens.

They've actually messed up a couple of orders of mine with them, but were very prompt in fixing them. Go ahead and call them as soon as you can, I think that works quicker than email.

(I'll add that to date iboats hasn't messed up any of my orders)

oldjeep

Admiral

18-3277 and 09-1027B-1 look like they are both for a volvo penta
Sierra part # 18-3277
Johnson Pump #09-1027B-1

Does it not fit?

elmwood

Seaman Apprentice

Oldjeep, yes it has VP engines listed on the back it works with. Mine is not listed. It has certain 5.0 and 5.7 engines and mine is a 5.8. I had already looked online before posting the original posting and could not find if it would fit my engine. If someone knows something I don't let me know. I tried to know everything but my brain couldn't hold it all.

On another note. What year jeep is that. I do believe my Grandfather built that one. He worked for Willys then Kaiser from the begining until he retired in 1969. I'm retired Army and every jeep they have at this Army Post I live near was built by my Grandfather.

oldjeep

Admiral

The old one was a 46 - sort of, really just a conglomeration of parts from a bunch of 46-50's

elmwood

Seaman Apprentice

Well got to speak with customer service today and I've been reassured that the impeller is the correct part. It's a Johnson pump and the kit is for that Johnson pump. I explained that I couldn't find a cross reference to this number but they tell me it's correct. As for the trim pump kit. I was questioned that there were 19 o-rings in it until I mentioned for them to pull up the blowup drawing of the pump with the parts numbers listed. He was doing just that as I was speaking with him. He saw what I was talking about and only said he'd have to figure out where that package came from they sent me. Didn't get a chance to call back this afternoon and I had no emails when I checked at home. I'll call tomorrow to find out what's up.

I do purchase from iBoats. I just received my last shipment from them. Out of about $900 I just spent on items that needed updating, replacing and repaired iBoats received about half, the rest went to 3 other stores. I believe they didn't have these two parts when I ordered. I always look at iBoats first. I purchased from this supplier since I see many recommendations to buy from them. I did find one other supplier that had them much cheaper but that's not what I base online buying on. It's how others have received satisfaction. The other store that was cheaper does not have a very good reputation online.

elmwood

Seaman Apprentice

Well spoke to the company yesturday and they are sending out a new rebuild kit and as for the impeller it is supposed to be the cortect one. He explained that the pump I have is very common and is sold under many different numbers.

Mikeyboy

Chief Petty Officer

That's a great idea bubba. I'm going to start that myself.