Quick 96 Kawasaki 750 question.

My starter went out, while removing the starter the neck broke off in the hole, needless to say I had to pull the motor, then remove the flywheel cover and pound the piece out. Anyways, my question is, what is the hole under the starter? It seems like a terrible place to just put a hole for nothing, any water in the hull is getting in there since it is literally 2 inches from the bottom of the hull. The bendix and the flywheel are rusty as hell, which actually made the starter go bad since the bendix was rusted so bad it sometimes didnt engage. So can I seal this up and grease up the bendix so this doesn't happen again?

ksukats57

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Quick 96 Kawasaki 750 question.

You're not looking at the crank case vent hole are ya? If so, get a block off plate for it and be done with it.

If the crank case vent hole is underneath the starter and going through into the chamber with the flywheel, then yes I am looking at that. Why would they put a vent hole there? Makes no sense. And I cant find a block off plate for that anywhere.

ksukats57

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sorry its not a vent hole, its a DRAIN hole. dunno why i called it a vent. Kawi designed it to be pulled in case water was ingested, but the plug can rot and cause an air leak. What you are looking at is likely just an inspection hole for the flywheel. If it was able to let air into the crank case, you'd have major lean issues.

Have a look here: Can you find it in any of these?

https://www.kawasakiepc.com/SystemS...Model&cGroupID=&CFID=6474141&CFTOKEN=14019468