32' carver aft cabin, remove flybridge to trailer ?

32carverman

Recruit
Hi can anyone tell me if the flybridge has to be removed to trailer a 32' aft cabin carver from seattle to portland, OR due to it fitting under the overpasses. Thanks

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: 32' carver aft cabin, remove flybridge to trailer ?

I'm sure it can be removed, that's probably how they delivered it, with the bridge off. We owned 2, 3207 aft cabin Carvers at different times. They are the most livable boat in that size range, bar none. We loved them both.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

if your over your legal road height, then yes, it would have to come off.

32carverman

Recruit

I'm sure it can be removed, that's probably how they delivered it, with the bridge off. We owned 2, 3207 aft cabin Carvers at different times. They are the most livable boat in that size range, bar none. We loved them both.

Hi thanks for the response, I have a question for you since you have owned a 32' carver aft cabin, i am in the process of buying on a 1989 32' aft cabin and noticed that you said you really like the ones you owned. I take it you thought they are a pretty good boat overall ? thanks for any input

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

The 34C in my signature would have needed the flybridge removed. A 32 Trojan F32 as well. Granted these are different boats in a different area, but that leads me to think they will require it.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

You will need to check with the company that hauls it for you.

It is likely that you will need to pull it off. However, some hydraulic trailers will require less height than others. The real, and only, variable is the trailer.

If you can determine what the dimension from keel to the highest point that will tell a shipping company what they need to know.