Force 125 stand tube

rjl1914

Cadet
While servicing the lower unit and impellar I noticed a tube loose inside the exhaust port in the motor leg. upon further inspect I found 2. I have identified them from the motor leg diagram. They are referred to as a stand tube. My question is the drawing did not show where they actually go and also what is their purpose. It appears that they have ben loose within the motor leg housing for quite some time.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: Force 125 stand tube

They fit in the 2 holes in the lower part of the mid section.Sorry no pics.J

rjl1914

Cadet

Thanks for the info
Does that mean I have to drop the entire motor leg to reinstall them or is there an easier way
If so, how hard is that and will I need gaskets or other items to complete the installation

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class

No gasket, they just snap in. I found them rolling around in two of the motors I've taken apart. I'll probably silicone them in when I reassemble my motor but I don't think I would pull the power head just to reinstall. Just my 2 cents.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

Last time I rebuilt my motor, I also found them rolling around in there. They were some type of plastic and the end that snapped into the holes were broken and would not stay in place. I just took a pipe tap and threaded the holes in the leg and took two copper threaded tubes the same diameter and screwed them in place.

rjl1914

Cadet

What is their purpose
I hate to tear the whole thing apart if I don't have to
It ran fine, the only reason I even noticed them was I was installing a new impellar and had pulled off the rear cover to clean the area of some old foam from the engine cover
If I do need to do it how hard of a job is it to drop the motor leg. Are there any gaskets between the block and motor leg or other things I need to be concerned about.
Just want to know what I am getting into

Thanks in advance!

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

I've seen several of motors where they've popped loose and are just rolling around. I think that they allow that part of the leg to hold a certain level of water before it drains. Maybe to cool the exhaust or maybe silence the exhaust. Not sure about that. Don't think it's a show stopper. I suspect it's pretty common for them to pop loose. Just my opinion,..... but I wouldn't take the power head off just to fix'em. That's a lot of effort. They are no longer available and if they popped off once, they'll probably do it again.