yamaha 2003 40hp tilt issues

jbbanks

Recruit
I just bought a 2003 c40tlrb and was told the trim and tilt doesnt work so the previous owner disconnected the wires and ram from the power head. Now I began working on it and the TT switch is toast so i wired in a three way switch to see if the ram would even move... nothing happend just clicks. so tore apart the assembly and was able to get the ram to move in and out. but i can only get the motor to turn in one direction... just a click the other direction. is this normal or should it spin in both directions? any ideas.

jimmytillyboats

Recruit
Re: yamaha 2003 40hp tilt issues

I just bought a 2003 c40tlrb and was told the trim and tilt doesnt work so the previous owner disconnected the wires and ram from the power head. Now I began working on it and the TT switch is toast so i wired in a three way switch to see if the ram would even move... nothing happend just clicks. so tore apart the assembly and was able to get the ram to move in and out. but i can only get the motor to turn in one direction... just a click the other direction. is this normal or should it spin in both directions? any ideas.

I had the same problem with my 60hp tilt

You will need a new relay assay