Holley Throttle Body..replacement?

frustratedboater

Chief Petty Officer
I split my (Holley 600 cfm 4-barrel w/vac-secondaries) carb to replace with Holleys' gasket kit and saw big-time corrision around the gaskets and main body facing. Surprising, the metering plate looked great. It looks like major water (something) just ate away the aluminum surface-never saw that before.... MAJOR BUMMER!

Is there any source for a used replacement body that doesn't kill the budget? I'd appreciate your input,

FB

RogersJetboat454

Commander
Re: Holley Throttle Body..replacement?

I split my (Holley 600 cfm 4-barrel w/vac-secondaries) carb to replace with Holleys' gasket kit and saw big-time corrision around the gaskets and main body facing. Surprising, the metering plate looked great. It looks like major water (something) just ate away the aluminum surface-never saw that before.... MAJOR BUMMER!

Is there any source for a used replacement body that doesn't kill the budget? I'd appreciate your input,

FB

Just out of curiosity, have you even priced out what a new replacement part may cost? May be worth a call to Holley to see if they can give you a P/N and possibly a price for the part you need. Usually individual Holley parts aren't that expensive, and it's piece of mind if you have a fresh part that works.

frustratedboater

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Holley Throttle Body..replacement?

Yeah, I might just do that. I checked a local speed shop that also works on marine applications, but didn't stock it. Turns out, I blew everything out, put on new gaskets and it started up and ran real smooth. Go figure... I am planning on selling my Mastercraft, so I might just leave it and note it on the "needs list".

Thanks for your input

FB