what kind of steering helm is it?

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class
What kind of cable or brand do I need for it?

P S, I still have a problem posting Thumb nail pix, It just happens to me last 2 weeks ago. I can post pix in Craigslist no problem. need help or advice, Thank you. anything with settings?

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: what kind of steering helm is it?

Honesly, I read this post three times and still have no idea what you are talking about or asking.

I am looking for a steering cable that will fit this helm, I don't know what kind of helm it is, so I can find the right cable for it. Thank you

screennamie

Seaman

its a rotary steering helm. brand or cable you'll have to ask around thats about all I know. I just got a safe tq rotary myself but doesn't look like mine. slightly older.

Capt. tony M

Recruit

Lokks like a morse which is now teleflex and if its more that 7 yrs old you will be better off getting a whole system and update it i had the same problem finding the right cable and once i found a place the would make it for me it would cast more than buying a new helm and cable set alot more just PM me i'll give you any info you might need

Tony

csisommout

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you. Tony

if I can notget info about cable for this helm I will buy the new set or system, I got itt with the boat when i buy a boat, if you know more about it, pls give me more info..Thank you

Capt. tony M

Recruit

Thank you. Tony

if I can notget info about cable for this helm I will buy the new set or system, I got itt with the boat when i buy a boat, if you know more about it, pls give me more info..Thank you

the one i was talking about was a ufelx system and they are the same company that teleflex was buying their systems from and on the post someone had a link to an inexpensive online boat store the prices are really good there to but i don't know them nor do I know what size your cables are so depending the length of ur cable you may what to try them in my expierience it is far easier to get a new one and replace it than trying to find a replacment for an older one less time and money...