Newbie here! What type of boat is this?

seminolette

Recruit
Hi everyone! A few weeks ago I happened to stumble across iboats and was very excited to find such an experienced, supportive, and helpful group of people in one place all that love BOATS. I really enjoyed reading over all of your posts and step-by-step restoration projects. This summer I am planning a restore myself, hopefully with a few tips and help from you all. :p

Alright, so step one of my project is complete. I FOUND A BOAT. Last weekend my project partner and I took a little trip up to check this puppy out. Aside from noted setbacks and repairs (which I will list in a later post if we go ahead and get this one), overall, this boat has a lot of potential and seems to be in fair condition.

Now, here is where I need your expertise. The whole time we were looking it over, we didn't see any clearly marked make, model, or brand name besides "MANATEE" on both sides. Pardon me if I'm revealing my own ignorance here but I have never heard of a Manatee brand boat before.....could this just be a name given by the previous owner? :confused: I was hoping you all could be of a little assistance here. It would be really helpful to know what we're working with so I can order a few parts online before we start the project in May. Thanks in advance. :redface:

10zbfoy.jpg

dpcsh4.jpg

Attachments

• boat1.jpg
    boat1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
  • boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 0

seminolette

Recruit
Re: Newbie here! What type of boat is this?

Ahhh so it is a Manatee. Any idea how I could find the exact model and trim?

rickryder

Commander
Re: Newbie here! What type of boat is this?

I would say check the HIN # on the transom. There should be some sort of CG tag also