Desperately seeking full owners manual for 2000 Maxum 1800 sr 3.0 L Mercruiser

Johnny_Utah_

Cadet
Hi

I just recently bought a 2000 Maxum 1800sr 3.0L Mercruiser I/O. The previous owner lost the owners manual, and I was wondering if anyone could help me track one down. I called US Marine (makers of Searay) since Maxum no longer exists, and they sent me what they said was a manual but it was like 5 pages long with no list of parts, wires, ect. I was REALLY hoping that someone could help me with this since I really need it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Desperately seeking full owners manual for 2000 Maxum 1800 sr 3.0 L Mercruiser

and they sent me what they said was a manual but it was like 5 pages long with no list of parts, wires, ect.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... That's what a Boat Owners Manual IS,...

Wiring is rather basic, 'n done with industry color codes...

The motor/ drive has actual Shop Manuals available for 'em though...

'n ya can't just go buy a boat Part like a car either,...
Many/ Most parts are from outside vendors, not in-house...

Philster

Captain
Re: Desperately seeking full owners manual for 2000 Maxum 1800 sr 3.0 L Mercruiser

From Maxum customer care site:

"Owner’s Manuals

The Owner’s Manual contains good general information for all boaters, and includes subjects such as boating safety, operation, care & maintenance.

These manuals DO NOT contain any model specific information AND cannot be viewed or downloaded at this site."

Parts are supplied by a number of vendors, such as Teleflex, Taylor Made, etc. You have to source them piece by piece. Get an engine/drive manual. That's it really.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I'm confused by the whole US Marine connection to SeaRay, and what possible connection that may have to Maxum?

Anyway, Buy factory repair manuals for the engine and outdrive.
Everything else on the boat is a carpshoot.

Jerryh3

Petty Officer 1st Class

What exactly are you looking for? The Maxum manuals don't really contain a lot of useful information. They have a basic wiring schematic for the house loads and dash, but it's nothing you couldn't figure out with a DVM and a little time. If you PM me your email address, I'll send you the one I have for the 1800SR.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hmmmm I thought Maxum was a sub division of Brunswick who owns Mercruiser and Bayliner and many more......

Jerryh3

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmmmm I thought Maxum was a sub division of Brunswick who owns Mercruiser and Bayliner and many more......

I think US Marine was a division of Brunswick. Under US Marine was Bayliner, Maxum, and a few others.

ksukats57

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just recently bought a 2000 Maxum 1800sr 3.0L Mercruiser I/O.

Good story! ;)

As far as a manual goes, the most valuable manual to me is the engine and drive manual, which can be acquired from Mercruiser. You can also buy mercruiser specific parts for the drive and engine very easily. But as far as looking for switches that are specific to the boat, even things like body molding, its almost impossible.

If it were me, I would contact Mercruiser or hit up ebay for the 3.0l and alpha one manuals for your year, as well as the exploded parts diagrams. My boat (95 VIP) came with one of those exploded parts diagrams for literally every engine and drive component, with part numbers, and it has been very valuable.