trim/tilt

NNN

Recruit
I am a new boater. I have a 2004 18 sea ray with a mercruiser 3.0 engine. My problem is that I cannot get the trim/ drive shaft to lower. I have fluid. The trim motors makes noise so I am guessing it works. Any ideas as to why it will not lower? Is there a release valve someplace or am i screwed and need to take it to a dealer. All help will be tried and it appreciated. Thank you. The boat starts and runs.

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer
Re: trim/tilt

Bad connection or your solenoid took a poop. Very common problem. You can find the tree chart for diagnosis almost anywhere. I personally had the same problem as you did and replaced both the up and down solenoid, cleaned all the connections, and applied liquid electrical tape to all exposed connections. Never had a problem since. The solenoids are cheap and are a wear item. Are you hearing clicking when it doesn't work?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: trim/tilt

I am a new boater. I have a 2004 18 sea ray with a mercruiser 3.0 engine. My problem is that I cannot get the trim/ drive shaft to lower. I have fluid. The trim motors makes noise so I am guessing it works. Any ideas as to why it will not lower? Is there a release valve someplace or am i screwed and need to take it to a dealer. All help will be tried and it appreciated. Thank you. The boat starts and runs.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Have a Fat Friend Jump up, 'n down on it a time or 2, while ya hold the down button, down....

They'll take a Set, if trimmed fully Up into the crowd, when the motor labors,...
So's it don't do it again, a couple of quick taps on the Down button will relieve the excess pressures seen at full crowd...