Trim limit switch wiring help needed

ctopher

Cadet
Hello all, my project boat is coming along but I have a mess with wiring. The old limit and senders had the wires cut at the transom. I got the new ones in and the sender working but I don't know where the limit wires go and where the trailer button ties into it. As it is now if I push the trim up it will run all the way up, the trailer button has wires just tucked up under the side panel. Any thoughts on which wires go where would be a huge help. I have 2 from the trailer switch and 2 from the limit. In the pic I took it looks like someone pieced in a jumper. Thanks in advance for any help.Picture 004.jpg

BajabossJD

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trim limit switch wiring help needed

Hello all, my project boat is coming along but I have a mess with wiring. The old limit and senders had the wires cut at the transom. I got the new ones in and the sender working but I don't know where the limit wires go and where the trailer button ties into it. As it is now if I push the trim up it will run all the way up, the trailer button has wires just tucked up under the side panel. Any thoughts on which wires go where would be a huge help. I have 2 from the trailer switch and 2 from the limit. In the pic I took it looks like someone pieced in a jumper. Thanks in advance for any help.View attachment 140446

Its tricky. Same type of problem. I disconnected trailer switch and cant remember how the wires went. Trim goes all the way up. I had the same jumper which I disconnected..never has been the same. Did you splice the new and old wires together at the transom? Heat shrink?

Joe

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer

I think Don has the wiring diagram in the stickys

ctopher

Cadet

Joe there are no old wires, I replaced the sender and the limit switch but as for old wiring and putting it together I'm on my own lol.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What are we working on (Other than Mercruiser trim). Model of drive and year would help.

ctopher

Cadet

Sorry Don I usually forget the important stuff. Its an older R drive, I'm unsure of the year but somehow it wound up on my 96 Glastron. The drive serial number is 5961541 if that helps. I'm not sure of how much the previous owner changed when he changed drives. Thanks again

Jswingle13

Cadet

I know on my Alpha 1 that I just changed 2 wires went directly over to my pump and 2 went to the top of the motor and connected into the harness.