OMC SPECIALTY TOOLS

JKEP44

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello, I Am currently looking for some Cobra specialty tools and wanted to know where to find them. The main tool that I am looking for are the lower unit spline socket for removing the pinion gear/nut(part no.311875). The others are all the shimming tools (part nos. 314438, 984329, 328367,). I am also looking for advice of weather it might be cheaper to have a shop do this or do it myself. I am very capable of the task I just don't no wich might be more economical. Is a shop going to have these type of tools or is some monkey just going to wing it and not tell me. Any advice?

tommays

Admiral
Re: OMC SPECIALTY TOOLS

http://www.sterndrive.info/ <br /><br />a good OMC shop will <br /><br />the price of the tools makes it tough to DIY one drive besides how hard it is to due correctly<br /><br /><br />tommays

DHPMARINE

Captain

Just run it by my shop.Think we have all the tools,the numbers look familiar.We sure don't use no monkees,just slouchers and milkers.<br /><br />DHP

thumper723

Cadet

On this topic...<br /><br />My Electric-Shift drive service procedures are within my capabilites, but my manual (SELOC) does not list part numbers for these special tools, or dimension to fabricate them from. <br />(my Triumph and Suzuki Motorcyle manuals list how to fab the tools or give part numbers)

thumper723

Cadet

OOps, forgot to add does anyone have these part numbers or dimensions??

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thumper, best to start your own thread with a question, and welcome to boating, they are not the same as motorcycles or their manuals.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

KEP, where are you in NC? I can highly recommend a shop between Littleton and Roanoke Rapids that that I'd trust with my Cobra. They have significant Cobra experience, do quality work, and are reasonably priced.<br /><br />I believe Rodbolt works near tthe Outer Banks if you're anywhere near that area. Sounds like he knows his way around a Cobra....

JKEP44

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I live in Spring Lake south of Raleigh and north of Fayetteville. Any recomendations on a good shop will do nicely. Thanks.