MIAMI ? The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued.. See if you can find problem here..

scrat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
MIAMI ? The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued 10 people after the boat they were in capsized.
The agency received a call Saturday night that the boaters were clinging to the 14-foot pleasure boat about 250 yards off Sea Isle Marina off the coast of Miami.
The Miami Herald reports a Coast Guard crew found the boat 11 minutes later. Five adults and five children were pulled from the water and taken to shore.
Coast Guard officials reported only minor injuries.
Officials say the boat was towed to the marina.

sasto

Captain
Re: MIAMI ? The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued.. See if you can find problem here

I read that in the Miami Herald. I think they made a mistake. My sources tell me it was a 22'er. We will see. Time will tell.

Way to go, Coasties!

robert graham

Admiral
Re: MIAMI ? The U.S. Coast Guard says it rescued.. See if you can find problem here

10 people in a 14' boat?....refugees?...

The local news this morning said it was a 16 foot boat. Either way...14 or 16...10 people? Geebus...what is wrong with people? They can thank the good Lord above for the mate on the yacht nearby that saved their lives.

BTW...I can't tell you how often this happens down here. It seems like once a week. :facepalm:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

we see it here, too. A big crowd piles in a small boat where the water is calm; they don't go far before someone shifts weight or they get a couple splashes over the side and that's all she wrote.

3 big guys in a 14' jon boat is a typical disaster.

Had a sad one last spring when a bunch of people partying piled on to a 22' sailboat around midnight, motored out, and they flipped it in big water. That type boat is deceptive about its size and stability; three people stand on the bow and it rolls. These were actually, rocket scientists (grad students) from Langley, which would be funny, except one drowned.