Tilt/trim high pitched squeel

feelingnauti

Recruit
When the button is pushed in the up position after a second or two there is a high pitched squeel and the trim does not come up I have to keep pushing the button untill it reaches the top. Only happens when going up. VERY annoying problem. Any help for a newbie? The boat is a 92 Ebbtide 182 campion with a 3.0L mercruiser.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Tilt/trim high pitched squeel

When the button is pushed in the up position after a second or two there is a high pitched squeel and the trim does not come up I have to keep pushing the button untill it reaches the top. Only happens when going up. VERY annoying problem. Any help for a newbie? The boat is a 92 Ebbtide 182 campion with a 3.0L mercruiser.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard.... Which is it, it ain't goin' up, or it Is goin' up, with a squeal,..??

Is there oil in it,..??

IanFS

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm guessing he's saying that he holds the up button then it stops so he has to keep pressing intermittently, like on off on off on off, then it goes up.

Low oil will cause this, I've just had a similar occurence.

feelingnauti

Recruit

It goes up until it starts squealing then I have to keep pressing the button to reach the top. It doesn't matter if I push the up button or the trailer button. There is plenty of oil in fact I've replaced the oil thinking that there was water in the fluid, but that did not help. Something tells me that the electrical connection may be suspect due to the green corrosion I see on the nuts. I'm gonna clean up the connections and see what happens.

Pete104

Lieutenant

It's possible the solenoid is giving up but not likely.
You more than likely haven't purged all of the air out of the system. And if you didn't fill it properly, you won't get all the air out.

STICKYS