55HP Evinrude Outboard ID help - Already checked the Engine ID PDF

ReWrite

Recruit
Hey there!
I'm looking to ID the Evinrude outboard I have, just picked it up along with a '65 MFG Niagara Custom in non-running condition. The gentleman told me that it needed a new harness installed, which he provided me with. Harness installation's going well, going to go out and get new plugs in a bit here, but I'm curious if anyone can ID my motor, it has "55793c" on the badge that's on the part of the motor that attaches to the boat. This is my first boat, as well as first time working on an outboard motor, so apologies for not knowing all the terminology. If this isn't the motor's model number, where would I look for it?
Thanks so much!!

ReWrite

Recruit
Re: 55HP Evinrude Outboard ID help - Already checked the Engine ID PDF

What an embarrassing first post, I'd merely transposed two numbers... It's a '69 Evinrude, model 55973, not 55793...

Hey there!
I'm looking to ID the Evinrude outboard I have, just picked it up along with a '65 MFG Niagara Custom in non-running condition. The gentleman told me that it needed a new harness installed, which he provided me with. Harness installation's going well, going to go out and get new plugs in a bit here, but I'm curious if anyone can ID my motor, it has "55793c" on the badge that's on the part of the motor that attaches to the boat. This is my first boat, as well as first time working on an outboard motor, so apologies for not knowing all the terminology. If this isn't the motor's model number, where would I look for it?
Thanks so much!!

JSGOLD

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 55HP Evinrude Outboard ID help - Already checked the Engine ID PDF

OK, apparently we cannot list other sites links on here so I can't even give you the name of the place.....so I will tell you yours is a 1969 Evinrude 55hp. Do a quick search on the web for that number and you should find sites with diagrams.