walleye warrior pics needed

Buckeyedude

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey all, been lurking in the shadows for awhile and finally became a member. GREAT site, tons of useful info and a vat of knowledge! I am currently in the process of a blufin rebuild and got a great deal on walleye warrior windshield. Im going to build my own consoles, but would like to see what the walleye warrior consoles look like to get a design idea to go with how i am viewing them in my mind.......if that makes sense:D If any of you guys have a warrior, could you send or post pics for me? Much appreciated and thanks.

Jon Sob

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: walleye warrior pics needed

Hi Buckeye ..... Can't help with the photos but welcome to iboats. Good luck with your rebuild and post lots of pics so we can follow along with your project.

Bondo

Staff member

Hey all, been lurking in the shadows for awhile and finally became a member. GREAT site, tons of useful info and a vat of knowledge! I am currently in the process of a blufin rebuild and got a great deal on walleye warrior windshield. Im going to build my own consoles, but would like to see what the walleye warrior consoles look like to get a design idea to go with how i am viewing them in my mind.......if that makes sense:D If any of you guys have a warrior, could you send or post pics for me? Much appreciated and thanks.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Never heard of a Wally Warrior, so no pic.s from me either...

You've got 1, post some pic.s of yers's....

Shife

Chief Petty Officer

What year/size/etc of Blue Fin did you buy? There is a link to a Blue Fin rebuild in my signature. Is it similar to that?

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

I thought all Wall-ice boats were TILLERS?;)

Good to see at least one Wally fisherman came to his senses!

Buckeyedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Buckeye ..... Can't help with the photos but welcome to iboats. Good luck with your rebuild and post lots of pics so we can follow along with your project.

ill probably start another thread for that when i have the time, and thanks!

Buckeyedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Never heard of a Wally Warrior, so no pic.s from me either...

You've got 1, post some pic.s of yers's....

what is the best way to post pics here? Is there a smart phone app for this site?

Buckeyedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

What year/size/etc of Blue Fin did you buy? There is a link to a Blue Fin rebuild in my signature. Is it similar to that?

i know brother, ive looked at most of the bluefin rebuilds, and ALOT of the starcraft rebuilds:D mine is a 87 22' , but model says 21 vc ob. the condition i bought it in however isnt anything like the original LOL!

Buckeyedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

So everyone knows, im not interested in rebuilding my boat to original specs, i wanna make it better than that!;) My plan is for a fishing machine that doesnt mind the occassional towing of a kid or two behind it on a tube, or maybe a layout tender for shooting ducks on the big pond!:D

Shife

Chief Petty Officer

I have the Blue Fin product catalog from that year. It came in the glove box of my boat when I bought it. I'll dig it out and see if yours is in there.

Buckeyedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

that would be awesome Shife! And thanks for the help Jon sob!

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade

reunionpix025.jpg

This is a pic of my '96 Starcraft Superfisherman. The windshield is real similar to yours in appearance. The consoles come up to flush with the gunwale, then the windshield sits on top of that "platform" supported from gunwale to gunwale. I'll look around and see if I can find any other pics of the SC. The boat is gone now, replaced by a pontoon.

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade

reunionpix027-1-1.jpg

Another, I hope they help.

Shife

Chief Petty Officer

Here is the '87 Blue Fin brochure. I don't have a scanner handy at the moment so photos will have to do:

IMG-20120407-00061.jpg

IMG-20120407-00062.jpg

IMG-20120407-00063.jpg

IMG-20120407-00064.jpg

IMG-20120407-00065.jpg

There was nothing in their brochure larger than the 19ft Sportsman I/O that year. I would not be surprised if they had a few specialty models that were not present in their literature. It will be interesting to see pics of yours.

Buckeyedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks imuss, its too bad you sold that rig, it looks pretty sweet!

thanks shife, its neat seeing one of those old brochures! I hope to have some pics up here in awhile! Im sure you guys will get a kick out of how it looked when i bought it!:eek:

Buckeyedude

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok,, dont take a sip of coffee before viewing for the sake of your keyboard!

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

Shife

Chief Petty Officer

Pretty sure you already knew this, but.... it didn't come from the factory looking like that.

Is that dodger made of plywood? These hulls are very light with sketchy stability to start with. I'm not sure I'd want that much weight over me in a seaway. I was worried about the weight of my top and it's ~30lbs.

Certainly gets marks for creativity. What does the HIN start with. On my Blue Fin it starts with BFF. The HIN could help us pin down where that hull actually came from.

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Save the window frames, they look like they'd make good drop in frames for hatches.

Lots of potential, nice looking hull and powerplant. Is that a v4, v6, it looks newer, like from the 90's?

I'd keep the name.

Try here, look at the Sport Anglers, and Tyees

http://www.lundboats.com/boats/boat-builder

BTW I just "built" a 20 foot Sport Angler like I'd like it: $51,000