470 Small transom bracket

Leedanger

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a boat without a motor, supposedly it used to have a either a 470 or 170 in it but that is just hearsay. What I do know is that the transom bracket is narrower than what I am used to seeing. I found a pretty nice 3.0L I'd like to put in it but the flywheel plate measures 15" apart vs. the 10" on the installed transom bracket.

Anybody have any good options for making this work?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 470 Small transom bracket

I have a boat without a motor, supposedly it used to have a either a 470 or 170 in it but that is just hearsay. What I do know is that the transom bracket is narrower than what I am used to seeing. I found a pretty nice 3.0L I'd like to put in it but the flywheel plate measures 15" apart vs. the 10" on the installed transom bracket.

Anybody have any good options for making this work?

Ayuh,.... The 3.0l has a MC-1 flywheel cover, 'n yer boat has an Alpha 1 transom assembly...

Leedanger

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ayuh,.... The 3.0l has a MC-1 flywheel cover, 'n yer boat has an Alpha 1 transom assembly...

Are you saying its as easy as just locating an Alpha 1 flywheel cover and putting it onto the 3.0L? Will it fit? Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member

Are you saying its as easy as just locating an Alpha 1 flywheel cover and putting it onto the 3.0L? Will it fit? Thanks.

Ayuh,... The rear motor mounts went from 15" to 9", with the "R" drive, or the "MR" drive, 'n carries through the Alpha 1, 'n the Alpha, Gen.II...

So basically,... Ya,... but there's still a Ton of Gotcha's....