Replacing classic 3000 controller with teleflex ch1700.. need advise..push or pull?

KevinQuigley

Recruit
I'm going to replace the crap classic 3000.. I got the new osprey controller by teleflex.. the ch1700. Is my mecruiser 350 1998 a push throttle or pull? As well as the shifting. Does the controller fit in the existing hole? How easy was your replacement. Does the trim and neutral safety switch go on without soldering? right to the original connectors? Seems easy enough I think!

Thanks!

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: Replacing classic 3000 controller with teleflex ch1700.. need advise..push or pul

throttle is most likely a pull type, shifting is both pull/push

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Re: Replacing classic 3000 controller with teleflex ch1700.. need advise..push or pul

I'm going to replace the crap classic 3000.. I got the new osprey controller by teleflex.. the ch1700. Is my mecruiser 350 1998 a push throttle or pull? As well as the shifting. Does the controller fit in the existing hole? How easy was your replacement. Does the trim and neutral safety switch go on without soldering? right to the original connectors? Seems easy enough I think!

Thanks!

Howdy,

Same controller I installed in my 87 Fourwinns Liberator . I removed an OMC King Kobra engine and drive and replaced it with a 1997 Mercruiser 454/Bravo engine and drive.

The CH1700 installed easily. Follow the Teleflex instructions closely. They indicate what holes to put the cables in for different engines, outboards, inboards, push/pull, etc.

You will probably have to crimp connectors to hook up the neutral-safety, trim, safety-kill and trailering switches.

If you have any concerns about your throttle and/or shift cables, just replace them. they don't cost all that much. New cables will slide MUCH smoother.

My CH-1700 shifts VERY smoothly and positively.

Welcome aboard!

Rick