What year?

htr2133

Seaman
I am sorry if I should be able to find this on old threads, I have been searching for a way to look up year models from Serial Numbers and can't seem to find that tool on here.

Serial # J3733140 Model 6R-73s

Does that mean it is a 73?

Also, best recommendation/place to order parts on-line?

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: What year?

Yes she is a 73 6hp

Check out the Top Secret Files at the top of the Johnson/Evinrude Forum, or in my Signature after my name. It will have a link for Outboard years.

You can get parts right here at iboats

htr2133

Seaman

Yes she is a 73 6hp

Check out the Top Secret Files at the top of the Johnson/Evinrude Forum, or in my Signature after my name. It will have a link for Outboard years.

You can get parts right here at iboats

Awesome! Thank you for the year confirmation.

I will keep searching for the parts needed on here. I need a Filter Cap, Gasket, and Screen.

Thanks again.

jrogers0478

Recruit

I am sorry if I should be able to find this on old threads, I have been searching for a way to look up year models from Serial Numbers and can't seem to find that tool on here.

Serial # J3733140 Model 6R-73s

Does that mean it is a 73?

Also, best recommendation/place to order parts on-line?

Hello guys I'm new to this but I need some help I bought a boat it has a Johnson motor on it but I cant find any numbers on it to find a model or year, I'm not even sure what the HP is but it is a 4 cylinder engine can I get some help to try to find some numbers on the motor?

nwcove

Admiral

look around the power head....and look closely for a nickel sized aluminum plug, it should have the model number on it. ( im assuming the id plate is gone from the transon clamp?)

jrogers0478

Recruit

look around the power head....and look closely for a nickel sized aluminum plug, it should have the model number on it. ( im assuming the id plate is gone from the transon clamp?)

I'm new to outboard motors what is the power head is that the round disc on top with teeth? And yes the plate on the front of motor is long gone!!!