When it's time to chill...

In my younger days, I enjoyed a good scotch, perhaps a nice single malt. As I have aged, like the scotch, that hard liquor takes its toll so I have turned more to beer or red wine. My choice of beverage nowadays is typically a beer in the afternoon while playing with the dogs and watching the sunset behind my house. :cool: Over the past several months, my son has introduced several different beers. One he found while stationed in Maine, which is only available in during the Autumn season, and contains pumpkin?yes?pumpkin. :eek: Another is ale made with white wheat, oats, coriander, and orange peel. Huh? Who puts orange peel in a beer and what the heck is coriander? :facepalm:

I keep it simple; Corona, El Presidente, Land Shark (local) and if it?s more than $10 for the 12 pack, or $8.00 for wine, I get a bit antsy.

What that, it got me to thinking?what do my buds out there in internet land like to imbibe? If you don?t go for the alcohol, more power to ya! You can still share your fav beverage while chillin.

:)

Philster

Captain
Re: When it's time to chill...

Beer:

Land Shark in summer (it ain't local to FLA!).

Yuengling year round.

Drinks:

Bloody Mary dockside at a bar? Can't beat that.

Dirty Gin Martini

Also:

Monster Energy drink (Blue)

Beer:

Land Shark in summer (it ain't local to FLA!).

Yuengling year round.

Drinks:

Bloody Mary dockside at a bar? Can't beat that.

Dirty Gin Martini

Also:

Monster Energy drink (Blue)

By local I meant it's a Florida beer...Jimmy Buffet and all that.

FlaCowboy

Ensign

I am a Jim Beam man. My favorite is Jim and 7up.
As for beer I usually just drink Bud or what ever is the coldest :D

I usually have the smoker going on Sunday with ribs or steaks and a fresh bottle of Beam am I am good to go :)

bassman284

Commander

Well, the orange and coriander is used in the Belgian Witbier, or white beer. Brewed from wheat and occasionally with oats. Coriander is also known as cilantro which you find in your salsa, to name one place. 100's of brands, but the best known are Blue Moon, Hoegaarden, Samuel Adams White Ale, Schock Top and Leininkugel's Sunset Wheat. I've had several others that are distributed mainly in the midwest. All good and all a little different. Some like Blue Moon and Hoegaarden lean heavier to the orange while others lean heavier on the coriander.

I have a couple hundred or so beers that I've tried and liked but tend to rotate through maybe 30 of those on a regular basis. I don't care much for the hoppier beers like Pale Ale and IPA. Usually go for Amber Ale, Lagers, Bocks, Stout, etc. Pretty much everything I buy ranges from $6.99 to $9.99 per six pack so you might get antsy.

I tried a pumpkin ale a while back but don't remember the brand. It was better than I expected but not something I'd want all the time.

I also like a drop of scotch from time to time but I stick to blends. Drink hearty!

RogersJetboat454

Commander

When it's time to chill, James Mason couldn't be wrong could he?

Well... Maybe he was. :D

Beer:
Just about anything will suffice, but if I'm buying currently Harpoon IPA is on the short list.
Most of what Sam Adams has is fine.
Shipyard Pumpkin Ale is awesome in the fall.

All the beers with the strange ingredients are fine by me.
This is the way the world makes, and the US made beer before prohibition. After prohibition, all that survived were the huge breweries that resumed production making basic, plain Jane beer. Our palates and expectations followed suite until micro breweries and importers filled the market with forgotten old school/European beers, and new creations. Variety is the spice of life, right? ;)

Hard stuff;
My old friend is Crown royal, or Crown Royal with ginger ale. But honestly I will sip most hard stuff in moderation.

Wine;
As long as it's not too dry, bitter, or vinegar like, I'm OK with most wines.

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

Corona or Tequila 100% Agave, I really like Sauza Hornitos currently

Summer Fun

Banned

Beers, Coors Lite or Keystone Lite

Drinks, Vodka with Dr.Pepper or with Cream Soda or with Chocolate Milk. :)

foodfisher

Captain

Budweiser is my go to. I'm partial to clean, crisp belches as opposed to frothy,foamy. If i'm in a hurry I'll nurse it around some Jack Daniels Ole#7.

Jeep Man

Commander

Still like a beer every now and then, Corona and Guiness preferably. I find them too filling so I limit to one or two. My tastes have switched to Crown Royal as the favorite. At parties and get togethers Crown is tops. That being said, I have also acquired a taste for a nice glass of Port recently.

tx1961whaler

Vice Admiral

Drinking a nice Macallan 15 year old, oak cask right now.
Loved the T-Bird commercial. The "Unusual Flavor" of Thunderbird is that of urine.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

miller_high_life_light1.jpg

It is the champagne of beers after all ;)

sasto

Captain

Wine is for wisdom. Beer is for freedom. Water is for fish - Ben Franklin (sorta)

Pony

Rear Admiral

WI Map.jpg

This picture sort of explains itself.......The red squares are where bars out number grocery stores.

Here in WI the beer heritage is pretty strong. My friends and I try to sample different beers as often as we can. I am not sure if other markets have this, but there are a lot of places here where you can mix n match a 6 pack from hundreds of microbrews and larger breweries. Often when we get together we do this and try as many different things as we can.

There is a microbrew/pub just down the street that is right on the Milwaukee River here in town that has some decent brew (Riverside Brewery)

If I had to list my top 5, which is darn near impossible to do.....
1. Leinenkugel's Red
2. Tyranena Chief Blackhawk Porter
3. New Glarus Fat Squirrel
4. Lithia Regner Red (and not just because I live next to the place that it was named after)
5. Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown

If we are getting pitchers and drinking "normal" stuff....I will ALWAYS default to Miller High Life.

When it isn't Beer.....I am a Whiskey Man.

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Out here on the east coast the drink of choice for me is Cruzan with some cola and ice, and some good friends.

On hot day I enjoy an ice cold MGD while waiting for the barbecue.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Strictly red wine....not too sweet, not too dry.

My favorite:

relax-cool-red.jpg

BTMCB

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I used to be a "jack daniel's and water" on the rocks sorta guy. Then I had back and gall bladder surgeries that screwed up my "system" so for the last few years, it's been..............iced tea or diet coke. Gotta admit tho.....i miss my buddy jack!

foodfisher

Captain

I used to be a "jack daniel's and water" on the rocks sorta guy. Then I had back and gall bladder surgeries that screwed up my "system" so for the last few years, it's been..............iced tea or diet coke. Gotta admit tho.....i miss my buddy jack!

You think Jack had anything to do with it?

marcoalza

Chief Petty Officer

Pre-Dinner - Vodka Martini, wet, stirred or shaken. (makes no difference whatsoever)
Dinner - Pinot Grigio or Chianti Classico (depending on the food served)
Beach - Peroni - Nastro Azzuro (of course)
Belly full of booze, food and with friends - Sambuca Molinari (Of course)
Whenever - Jim beam & Ice

Best breakfast with friends after a heavy night and no work is Egg, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, Toast and a Budweiser. (try it):D