mounting a trolling motor on a 1995 Larson 194 Sei. Looking for a bracket to fit.

ortho dan

Recruit
Have a 1995 larson 194 Sei that I want to attach a trolling motor to the bow. Due to the curvature of the fiberglass in that area I am looking for a bracket mount that will accept the trolling motor bracket. Any help or suggestions?

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
Re: mounting a trolling motor on a 1995 Larson 194 Sei. Looking for a bracket to fit

Have a fabricator make a custom piece out of aluminum with the "right" configuration and mount it with that. No need for Manufacturing Dependency Syndrome here. Everything manufactured was made by hand the first time.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: mounting a trolling motor on a 1995 Larson 194 Sei. Looking for a bracket to fit

Don't know why this is always such a problem. Go to walmart or any kitchen store, Buy one of the plastic cutting boards, level the troller quick release plate or the troller itself on the deck and make a pattern for the shim. Cut it from the cutting board. Drill the holes and go fishing. Paint the shim to match if you wish. It won't rot and you get the fit you want.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Don't know why this is always such a problem. Go to walmart or any kitchen store, Buy one of the plastic cutting boards, level the troller quick release plate or the troller itself on the deck and make a pattern for the shim. Cut it from the cutting board. Drill the holes and go fishing. Paint the shim to match if you wish. It won't rot and you get the fit you want.
You could even get two and put one underneath the deck.

ortho dan

Recruit

Thank you!!! This is why these forums can be so valuable. Talked to a marine dealer yesterday that wanted to custom fabricate an aluminum buttress for the baseplate to the tune of around $1200!! Was going down the road of doing it myself but never thought about using plastic. For a few bucks, a saw and file, and some elbow grease I can have a custom piece.
SSchefer suggested to also put a second piece under the deck for more support. Good idea too.

Have my weekend project. Will let you know how it comes out.

Thanks again