Ever here of Columnia or Columbian boat from Meriden CT

nashwinter123

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, Of the top of my head i cant remember if its a Columbia or a Columbian but i cant find either of them on the forums or anywhere else on the internet. I've been fixing it since last fall but i know the boat was manufactured in meriden according to the plate. If anyone knows about them itd be appreciated. Did they take a new name?

shrew

Lieutenant
Re: Ever here of Columnia or Columbian boat from Meriden CT

Are you sure you're not talking about Columbia Marine? Currently, their address is hailing out of Middletown, Ct. which is the city/town right next to Meriden. To my knowledge this is a boat dealer, not a manufacturer. It sounds like the dealer plates a car dealer sticks on a car.

gt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Ever here of Columnia or Columbian boat from Meriden CT

Columbian, been out of business for 30 years. Owned by Walt Hatch, who also owned Suburban Marine, used to be on Hanover Rd, if I remember right. His son Wes runs Suburban now, on Chamberlain Highway. If you're looking for info, I'd give him a call. Wes is a real nice guy.
Check this old article from the local paper. http://www.myrecordjournal.com/article_ba2ece2c-cbbb-5302-a1b0-3d76e2ee584f.html

Gary