Just bought a lund! It's an old one...

Spray

Recruit
I just bought an old Lund boat. I will make sure to get some pictures up soon.

I had a few questions about the boat and I knew right away that this would be the place to ask them.

The serial number is 610759 and the title says it was made in 1966. Is there a way to find what model it is using the serial number? Anybody have a link to a catalog?

Thanks in advance for any information, I look forward to being part of the community here.

Spray

Recruit
Re: Just bought a lund! It's an old one...

Can't figure out how to edit...

Looks like I have a really nice Lund C-14 Fisherman.

62 ROYAL SCOTT

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Just bought a lund! It's an old one...

HELLO AND WELCOME , Enjoy your new older boat:)

Spray

Recruit
Re: Just bought a lund! It's an old one... [now with pictures]

Here she is.

On trailer
cj9rm.jpg

The Lund graphic. Can't tell if it is original.
ibyvro.jpg

Old Johnson 6hp Seahorse
2bz7ki.jpg

The boat is in really good shape. I need to fix a few minor problems before I take it out. The previous owner replaced the wood seats with some nice outdoor pseudo-wood, which was a good idea, but when doing so he took all the foam out of the seats and used the empty shell for storage while on the water.

The lights, trolling motor and depth finder are both wired up really nice through a piece of conduit. The previous owner was an electrical engineer, so the trailer received the same treatment.

The boat has 4 bench seats, including the bow seat where the battery currently sits. I would really like to make a casting deck that goes from the 2nd bench to the bow, leaving only one bench. I'm comfortable with the work, but I was wondering if anybody can imagine any problems with adding this?

Thanks all!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Graphis look original to me.

Think about this. Adding a raised platform to the front of that boat will make it rather tippy up front. I know, been there done that. Better to try and make a smaller deck on the bottom of the boat. Many here have made removable ones that worked out well.

fishrdan

Admiral

Sweet little boat there. I would put flotation foam back in the seats. You could still have storage in there if you cut sheet foam to line the bulkhead, leaving the center open for storage. It looks like the boat is not sitting far enough forward on the trailer, boat needs to move forward about 18" so the transom is sitting on the rear roller.

I vote the decals are not original, they look like modern decals to me, but what do I know... :D

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

I vote the decals are not original, they look like modern decals to me, but what do I know... :D

You are correct. The decals look like original Lunds, just not the ones they used on the 1966 year. Sense around 1985 Lund started using a number of different designs. Hard to keep track.

Spray

Recruit

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I adjusted the trailer so the boat sits forward more. As for the casting deck, i will look at adding a flat floor rather than a full deck. I did cut some foam and the seats have been filled.

I havent put this boat in the water yet but i already want a bigger one. Just a foot or two. Is two-footitus a thing?