Can i use a water hose instead of muffs?

cheejudo

Seaman
I have the 3.oL mercruiser and right now i cant afford water muffs, is there a way i can use a plain ole water hose somehow to turn on the engine??

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Can i use a water hose instead of muffs?

Short of filling up a tub of water that the drive will be in and the water level is over the pickups in the drive, NO.

You can pickup muffs at wallyworld for 6 or 7 bucks. If you can't afford that, then put the boat back in storage, because you sure can't afford the maintenance, gas, insurance or anything else that goes with boating.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

you COULD remove the outdrive and run the hose to the water inlet but as don said... 3 gallons of gas to start and run it will cost more than the muffs

mark1905

Chief Petty Officer

You could also just take it to the ramp real quick and back it in..

..but then again.. for the price of gas to haul it to the dock.. you could buy those $6 muffs.

..or here: http://www.amazon.com/Moeller-Flush...95R8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333639173&sr=8-4

$8.84.. sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime and get them Saturday with free shipping. You don't even have to waste the gas to drive to WalMart.

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer

?????????

boater chris

Cadet

It's a lot less time to just use muffs. I just bought one at the wally world only 5 dollars.