Fish Finder help

wvcatfish

Seaman Apprentice
I have my toon in the shop and they replaced my old fish finder with a lowrance mark 5 its single beam and its mounted on the left side pontoon as you look at it from the back. I have another fish finder a humminbird 325 with dual beam i would like to mount as well on the boat to cover both sides if i mount it on the wood behind the engine would this work? cause the right side toon doesnt have a bracket on it. or is there anotehr way I could mount it on the left side toon without a bracket?. or could i put it somewhere else to cover everything?

Snowfish

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Fish Finder help

The transducer needs to be in the calmest water possible. Behind the motor, on the transom (wood), is a pretty violent, turbulent place. Better off having another bracket welded onto the pontoon that doesn't have one. That's what I did.

junkman41

Petty Officer 1st Class

my second fish finder transducer is going to be mounted on the trolling motor

L.A.Wise

Seaman Apprentice

If you put your transducers too close together, you will get interference and cannot read anything until you turn one unit off. I read something, probably on the Lowrance site, that transducers mounted on the rear of the pontoon will normally only work properly in 20 or less feet of water. As the impulse goes deeper, the cone becomes wider. When one cone overlaps the other, you get interference. You can mount one unit on the front of the boat and the other on the aft end...should work okay then.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

you can make a simple bracket, thats what I had to do on mine. Thats from a 8 foot piece of 2 x 1/8 alum bar stock from lowes and a few SS bolts.

.toom bracket 640.JPG