How much is a 1975 75hp Johnson Stinger 2 worth?

Zq8 Blazer

Seaman Apprentice
I just put a newer motor on my jon boat and am going to sell this one. From what I've read it's a fairly popular model (the orange one). It runs good; however, the hood has been painted green and the rest flat black so it's not in mint condition as far as aesthetics go. The power head is still orange though. I have the controls that were originally white and also a tilt setup from a different 3cyl that needs a new pump. How much is this entire setup worth?

BonairII

Commander
Re: How much is a 1975 75hp Johnson Stinger 2 worth?

Where are u located? Check your local craigslist and see what comparable motors are selling for.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

The whole deal with the Stinger is the "look", so if yours has been painted, it has lost that. If yours was a short shaft model, it would have some extra value as that one is somewhat rare and sought after by some old boat folks. Even as such, don't plan your retirement fund around it. In my region, a good running, recently tuned up 1970s era Johnrude 75 with controls might fetch $600-$800. Maybe more if it's extra clean. The short shaft model might hang to the higher end of that range...

Zq8 Blazer

Seaman Apprentice

The whole deal with the Stinger is the "look", so if yours has been painted, it has lost that. If yours was a short shaft model, it would have some extra value as that one is somewhat rare and sought after by some old boat folks. Even as such, don't plan your retirement fund around it. In my region, a good running, recently tuned up 1970s era Johnrude 75 with controls might fetch $600-$800. Maybe more if it's extra clean. The short shaft model might hang to the higher end of that range...

It's the short shaft. That's a lot more than I originally thought it was worth. Thanks.